Aims and Objectives
Aims of People with Disability Australia (PWDA)
The Association is an organisation of, and for, all people with disability, and has as its major aims empowerment and promotion of the rights of people with disability and the creation of a society in which people with disability can fully participate.
Objectives of People with Disability Australia (PWDA)
The Association shall take all measures deemed necessary to achieve its aims, including:
- Advocating on behalf of people with disability, particularly where their rights have been infringed;
- Developing education programs and support services for people with disability to ensure they have equality of opportunity within the community;
- Promoting access to proper and adequate representation of people with disability on all bodies which make decisions that affect their lives;
- Encouraging the development and coordination of self-help groups of people with disability;
- Providing information, advice and practical assistance to any person with disability whose personal circumstances require such services. The services shall not be limited to members of the Association;
- Fostering communication and cooperation with other community organisations with similar aims;
- All such things as are lawful and conducive to the attainment of the aims of the Association.