Australian National Consultations and Reports
- 2013 - AUGUST COMMUNIQUÉ – NGO CRPD Shadow Report Word 99kb
- 2013 - FEBRUARY COMMUNIQUÉ – NGO CRPD Shadow Report Word 2.8MB
- 2011 - AUGUST COMMUNIQUÉ – NGO CRPD Shadow Report Word 2.9MB
- 2011 - MARCH COMMUNIQUÉ – NGO CRPD Shadow Report Word 2.9MB
- 2005 National Consultation on the Chair's Text
- 2004 Australian National Consultations with people with disability
The Australian Federation of Disability Organisations (AFDO), in partnership with People with Disability Australia (PWD) and the National Association of Community Legal Centres (NACLC) held a national consultation in November 2005, on the United Nations Draft Comprehensive and Integral International Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Rights and Dignity of Persons with Disabilities.
This consultation focused on the latest draft of the convention developed by the Chair of the UN Ad Hoc Committee, Ambassador Don McKay recently. This draft is known as the Chair’s Text. The Chair’s Text is an amalgamation of the proposals and debates that have taken place in the Ad Hoc Committee to date. The work of the Ad Hoc Committee is now at negotiation stage. Negotiations at the next two sessions of the Ad Hoc Committee will seek to finalise the draft for presentation to the UN General Assembly.
- Chair's Text of the draft convention on the human rights of people with disability Word 432kb
- Background Paper - November 2005 Word 145kb
- Covering letter from Chair of the Ad Hoc Committee, Ambassador Don McKay Word 92.9kb
- Communique about the 2005 consultation Word 342kb
A report on the outcome of the national consultation was sent to the Australian Government to assist the Australian Government develop its position for the next session of the Ad Hoc Committee to be held in January 2006. It will also assist non-Government organisations to participate in the Ad Hoc Committee.
- National consultations report executive summary
- Report on National Consultations - November 2005 Word 432kb
In 2004, in partnership with the Australian Federation of Disability Organisation (AFDO), the National Association of Community Legal Centres (NACLC) and state/territory cross-disability organisations PWDA undertook a comprehensive consultation with people with disability and disability organisations on the proposed convention on the human rights of people with disability. The 2005 national consultation built on these consultations.