Therese Sands, Director, DPO Australia. said “we are shocked and troubled about this announcement from Treasurer Scott Morrison that once again links cuts to social security with funding for the NDIS.”
“We have stated clearly, including in our pre-budget submission, that we reject any ties to funding the NDIS by cutting social security. We strongly reject measures that would seek to fill any perceived or potential shortfall in NDIS funding through a shift in revenue from other human services. ”
Read the full media release here.
Catch up on the media coverage about this issue:
- Here's a tip: don't pick on disabled people.
- Childcare changes: Nick Xenophon Team blocks Federal Government's omnibus bill
- Nick Xenophon blocks government's $4 billion childcare and welfare omnibus bill
- Government’s wrong to think linking welfare changes to the National Disability Insurance Scheme will work in the Senate
- National Disability Insurance Scheme gets an extra $3 billion ... but there’s a catch
- Scott Morrison pledges $3 billion NDIS boost if savings package passes
- Agree to welfare cuts or forget funding for childcare & the NDIS? The government's ultimatum that failed.
- Malcolm Turnbull's disability gambit backfires, drawing fire from Paralympian Kurt Fearnley
- Hearing Morrison use disabled people as political pawns gave me the creeps