The next public hearing will be in Melbourne from 2 to 6 December 2019.
This public hearing is about homes and living for people with disability in Victoria. The Royal Commission is particularly interested in the experiences of people with a disability who have lived or who are currently living in group homes. The hearing will look at:
- the right of people with disability to choose where we live and who we live with
- how group homes got started and what they mean for people with disability in Victoria
- why violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation happen to people living in group homes in Victoria
- what the government is doing to protect people who live in group homes from violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation, and how it can do better
- ways for people with disability to live by ourselves or with people we choose, instead of a group home.
Find out more about where the hearing will be and what to do if you want to be there on the Royal Commission website.