We’re currently looking for people to join our new Engage In Project Advisory Group.
Engage-In is an exciting new project funded by the Department of Social Services (DSS) to break down the structural and cultural barriers people with psychosocial disability living in institutional settings face when trying to access services.
The project aims to inform and support people living in these settings to access the NDIS and other mainstream supports.
The project will be overseen by a Project Advisory Group (PAG), which is made up of Engage-In staff, peer workers, consumer representatives and researchers from the University of Sydney (who will be undertaking an action research project as part of the ongoing evaluation of Engage-In).
- A person with psychosocial disability who has lived or is currently living in a prison, psychiatric hospital, boarding house, or group home?
- A strong advocate and someone who wants to ensure people with disability have access to NDIS and mainstream services?
- Able to commit to attending and contributing to the bi-monthly PAG meetings, which will be held between February 2021 and June 2022?
- Comfortable sharing your lived experiences and opinions about living in an institutional setting while trying to access the NDIS and other supports?
- Willing to tell your story to the action research staff, who will use that de-identified information in their final evaluation report?
You will be paid $59.61 per hour for your time, which is equivilant to the PWDA payscale for SCHADS modern award level 5.1.
If you are interested in applying to be a member of the Project Advisory Group, please send an email to Leonie Hazelton, Project Manager. firstname.lastname@example.org answering the above bullet points.
If you prefer to apply over the phone, please contact me on 0428 057 792. Please be ready to have a chat about the questions listed above.