Be part of the public discussion on COVID-19
Are you a person with disability, and/or part of the Deaf community, who wants to share your thoughts, feelings or experiences during COVID-19?
We are commissioning a series of short blogs to appear on our website. The blogs will be published and promoted across our social media during the week of the Disability Royal Commission hearing on COVID-19.
The theme of the series is: Our Rights in a Crisis.
What are we looking for in a blog entry?
Blogs can be written (500-700 words) or delivered in audio or video format (3-4 minutes). Blogs may contain still images, and you can be as creative as you like in your presentation.
If your blog is in audio format, you will need to provide a transcript.
If your blog has visual elements, you will need to provide a written description.
If you need support to make a transcript or written description, please let us know.
How to express your interest
Expressions of interest should be 50-100 words long and should contain:
- a brief outline of what you would like to say in your blog,
- the format your blog will be in,
- links to, or samples of, previous written or creative work.
Expressions of interest should be sent to email@example.com by end of day, Wednesday 29 July.
Successful applicants will be paid $200+GST (if applicable) for their blog entries.
- expressions of interest are due by end of day Wednesday 29 July
- successful applicants will be contacted by Tuesday 4 August
- completed blogs will be due by Monday 10 August
- blogs will go up on the PWDA website during the week starting Monday 17 August
We encourage people from Indigenous, CALD and LGBTQIA backgrounds, and people with intellectual disability, to apply.