Designed for workers in any sector or industry, this three-hour advanced workshop provides a comprehensive understanding of how to be more supportive when communicating with and addressing barriers experienced people who are d/Deaf or hard-of-hearing, blind or low vision, have a disability that affects mobility, or have an intellectual disability.
Delivered in partnership Guide Dogs NSW/ACT and Deaf Society/Deaf Services, this training course is suitable for people who have already participated in our Disability Awareness Workshop as it builds on knowledge and skills learnt from this workshop.
- Develop a deeper understanding of the life experience of people who are d/Deaf, blind or low vision, have a disability that affects mobility, or have an intellectual disability.
- Discover practical solutions for working more confidently with clients and customers with these disabilities.
- Receive useful resources.
- Learn from trainers with disability who are experts in disability rights, access and inclusion
- Interact with our trainers as well as other participants, so you can ask questions and share knowledge.
1 in 5 Australians live with disability, making them a significant market segment for any organisation of business. By being confident about supporting people with disability, you and your team can help your business thrive.
- Identifying and mitigating barriers to access and inclusion in venues, workplaces and online
- How to deliver inclusive and accessible services
- Practical communication strategies
Half day (3 hours)
- Not-for-profit organisations
- Government agencies
- Community service providers
- Any organisation providing support or services to people with disability
Book a training session
Ready to get upskilled? Please email email@example.com or call us on 02 9370 3100.
About our training
For over 20 years, we’ve been delivering education and training to empower people with disability to take control of their own lives and to help workers in the broader community improve how they work with, provide services for and support people with disability.
The workshops and training activities we provide are developed and presented by people with disability and focus on providing information in a productive and engaging format that delivers a meaningful outcome for all participants.
- Our workshops can be delivered face-to-face or provided online anywhere in Australia via the Zoom video conferencing platform.
- Our workshops can be booked for any time during business hours.
- The cost of our workshops varies depending on content, location, and number of participants. Please get in touch for a quote.
- We have a minimum booking of 10 people and a maximum booking of 30 people for any session.
- We can tailor our workshops or create bespoke training packages to meet the specific needs of any organisation. Please get in touch to find out more.
Why choose us?
- Subject Matter Experts: As Australia’s peak disability rights organisation with a proud 40-year history of advocating for people with disability, we have genuine understanding and extensive knowledge of disability-related issues.
- Disability-Led: All our trainers are people with disability. It makes a world of difference.
- Rights-Based Framework: All our training activities are developed from a rights-based perspective, ensuring workshop content aligns with all relevant disability rights, legislation and international conventions.
- Cost-Effective: We understand the budget constraints under which many organisations operate and ensure our prices are the most competitive in the market.
If you have any questions about participating in one of our workshops or want to find out more about our training services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 02 9370 3100.