The Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Exploitation and Neglect of People with Disability has started and will run for three years. Their final report is due 29 April 2022.
You can read transcripts of all the public hearings so far on the Royal Commission website.
Submissions are now open. If you want to make a submission, you can write it or record it. Submissions do not have to be in English – they can be in your language. If you make a submission, it will be treated as evidence by the Royal Commission.
If you ask to keep your submission private, the Royal Commission will do so until April 2022. This is when the Royal Commission will submit their final report. The Royal Commission has asked the Australian Government to change the law. This is so submissions will be confidential after the Royal Commission ends. The Australian Parliament needs to decide this.
Find out more:
- Latest news about the Royal Commission
- How to get support
- More about each area or issue the Commission is looking into
- Frequently Asked Questions (we will update this soon)
- Our jargon-buster
- Our submissions and reports
- Media guidelines for journalism about the Royal Commission
- More about PWDA’s history advocating for the Royal Commission
- Our recent posts about the Royal Commission