The Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Exploitation and Neglect of People with Disability has started and will run for three years. Their final report is due 29 April 2022.
You can read transcripts of the first public hearing on the Royal Commission website.
Submissions are now open. If you want to make a submission, you can write it or record it. Submissions do not have to be in English – they can be in your language. If you make a submission, it will be treated as evidence by the Royal Commission. You can also engage with the Royal Commission by attending a community forum.
Find out more:
- Latest news about the Royal Commission
- How to get support
- More about each area or issue the Commission is looking into
- Frequently Asked Questions (we will update this soon)
- Our jargon-buster
- Our submissions and reports
- Media guidelines for journalism about the Royal Commission
- More about PWDA’s history advocating for the Royal Commission