Submissions and reports (grid)
We’re using evidence and analysis to make change.
A key part of how we advance the disability rights agenda is by developing submissions that respond to the policies, practices and programs of government and industry.
After consulting with our members and clients as well as our community and research partners, we write detailed submissions and reports on many different issues which provide relevant analysis as well as recommendations that will improve the lives of people with disability.
Below you’ll find our submissions and reports, dating from the most recent all the way back to 2009 in a grid style! If you know the name of a specific document, you can use the Search function at the top right of the webpage to find it quickly.
- Submission to the Inquiry into the Administrative Review Tribunal Bill 2023This submission will make recommendations aimed at enhancing the Bill’s ability to achieve its objectives. While not within the scope of this Inquiry, we note that the Government must provide the ART with sufficient funding to achieve its objectives, particularly the objective of accessibility.
- Joint submission: Disability Royal Commission Response ConsultationDisability Representative Organisations (DROs) have raised key issues and concerns in a joint submission on the Australian Government’s response to the final report of the Royal Commission into Violence Abuse Neglect and Exploitation of people with Disability.
- Pre-Budget Submission to the Australian TreasuryAs we enter the 2024-2025 financial year, significant disability reform will need to commence with the Australian Government as well as state and territory governments, implementing agreed recommendations from both reform processes. Implementing recommendations will take years, and if done ‘right’, these reforms will have a lasting positive impact on people with disability, their families, friends and communities. However, this is no simple task, and it will take time and resources.
- Submission on the Terms of Reference for a COVID-19 Royal CommissionPeople with Disability Australia welcomes the opportunity to provide input into the appropriate terms of reference for a COVID-19 Royal Commission.
- Joint submission: Disability Employment Centre of Excellence Options Paper October 2023Disability Representative Organisations and other individuals and organisations supporting this submission welcome the opportunity to provide feedback on the Options Paper ‘Establishing a Disability Employment Centre of Excellence.’
- Joint submission: Recommendations to the Review of Australia’s visa Significant Cost ThresholdMore than 70 of Australia’s leading disability and civil society organisations have endorsed wide-ranging recommendations to reform the nation’s archaic and degrading migration laws.
- Submission to COVID-19 Response Inquiry PanelThis submission will highlight how we can better respond to the needs of people with disability both during and after any future pandemic(s).
- Budget Measures to Progress the Disability Agenda in NSWIn this submission, PWDA advocates for a more inclusive and supportive environment across housing, safety, community engagement, and health and education services for individuals with disabilities.
- Response to the Medicare Telehealth Draft ReportThe evolution of transport technologies has the potential to increase the independence, inclusion, transport access and safety of people with disability.
- National Road Transport TechnologyThe evolution of transport technologies has the potential to increase the independence, inclusion, transport access and safety of people with disability.
Read all our submissions and reports.
Ends | Contact us