Policy areas and position statements
We’re making an impact in all the right places.
The issues which affect people with disability are many and varied. And they’re evolving all the time due a range of social, political, economic and technological factors.
So we adapt our focus and priorities in relation to our systemic advocacy to ensure our resources are being used as effectively as possible to maximise our impact.
Our policy and systemic advocacy work covers a lot of ground. Some of the major areas we work in include:
- Human rights advocacy
- Preventing violence and abuse against people with disability
- Issues to do with the NDIS
- Representing people with disability in international development
We’re often asked what we think about particular issues, and if we have positions on current events.
Here are some statements we’ve made on various topics:
- Aged Care Royal Commission
- Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse and Neglect for People with Disability
- My Health Record
- Plastic Straws Ban
- NDIS Fraud Squad
- The National Redress Scheme
- Housing (from our 2019 pre-budget submission)
- Social Security (from our 2019 Federal Election platform)
- Employment for people with disability (from our 2019 Federal Election platform)
- A call for a rights-based framework for sexuality in the NDIS
- Why We Are Supporting Action On Climate Change
Ends | Contact us