Qantas Carer Concession Card
We’re working to get people with disability the support they need to travel.
Our Qantas Carer Concession Card service provides discount travel on Qantas flights for eligible people and their carers.
About the card
The Qantas Carer Concession Card is issued to people with significant support requirements who through a physical, sensory, intellectual, cognitive or psychosocial disability are unable to travel on the aircraft without the full-time assistance of a carer.
A person is eligible if they need to have one-on-one support when seated on the aircraft for assistance with meals/drinks, toileting, administration of medication, orientation, communicating with the flight staff etc. A person is not eligible if they only need assistance boarding the aircraft, or when they arrive at their destination.
For people who are blind or have vision impairment
If you have either of the following you are already eligible for the Carer Discount and do not need to apply for the Qantas Carer Concession Card:
- a current Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card with blind entitlement; or
- a current travel pass for Person with Vision Impairment issued by a state or territory authority.
You will be required to show one of these cards when travelling.
Qantas Carer Concession cardholders and their nominated carer will receive the following discounts on eligible domestic fares for flights operated by Qantas:
10% discount for cardholders and 50% discount for nominated carers on the base fare of eligible Domestic Red e-Deal and Flex Economy Class fares (excluding fees and ticket taxes).*
Business class travel
50% discount for cardholders and for nominated carers on the base fare of eligible Domestic Business Class Fares (excluding fees and ticket taxes).*
Terms and conditions
*Qantas Carer Concession Discounts are subject to availability of eligible fares, which exclude some fares that have already been discounted and some business class fares. Please contact Qantas (1800 177 474) to check availability of eligible fares. Tickets for cardholders and nominated carers must be booked together in the same booking, cabin and fare class and the card must be used when making the booking to obtain the discount.
Discount applies to the base fare only, excluding fees and ticket taxes. Discount for economy fares is applied as a 30% discount on the base fare (excluding fees and ticket taxes) on the total booking. Booking Fees do not apply but a Card Payment Fee will apply. Fare Conditions apply.
Booking flights with Qantas
To receive the discount, contact Qantas (1800 177 474 or 13 13 13) to enquire about eligible flights/fares and to book flights. Online bookings do not receive the discount.
Discounts are valid on eligible Qantas domestic flights (not Jetstar or international flights).
This card is a Qantas initiative and PWDA produce cards on behalf of Qantas only. PWDA cannot assist with flight bookings.
This Qantas Carer Concession Card is a photo ID card which is valid for three years and has an administration fee of $49.50 (inclusive of GST). To apply, please do the following:
- Download the Information Form (PDF and Word) and read about the initiative as well as how to apply.
- Download the Application Form (PDF and Word) and read the Terms and Conditions on the back.
Complete the Application Form ensuring to write clearly. Complete all sections, including the payment details and either post or email the Application Form along with a recent, colour, passport photograph.
- Email address: email@example.com
- Postal address: PO Box 666, Strawberry Hills NSW 2012
Applications are processed once a week (usually Thursday). Allow up to four weeks from receipt of your completed application to receive the card.
If your Qantas Carer Concession Card is due to expire or has expired, and you would like to renew your card, please do the following:
- To read more about Qantas Carer Concession Card and eligibility, download the Information Form (PDF and Word).
- If you are still eligible and wish to renew your card download the Renewal Form (PDF and Word). Please read the Terms Conditions on the back.
- Please complete the Renewal Form ensuring to write clearly. Complete all sections, including the payment details and either post or email the Renewal Form along with a recent, colour, passport photograph.
For any queries, please contact us and let us know your enquiry is about the Qantas Carer Concession Card.
- Phone: 1800 422 015 (free call) or (02) 9370 3100
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any feedback regarding your flight booking experience, please submit it directly to Qantas via their Customer Care Form.
Ends | Contact us