We’re helping you find your way through the NDIS process.
Negotiating the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) to get a plan and supports that best suit your needs can be challenging. PWDA can support people with disability work their way through the various stages of the NDIS process.
Some of the ways we can help include:
- Applying for the NDIS
- Preparing for planning meetings
- Investigating delays in receiving aids and equipment
- Reviews and appeals
How we help
Our advocates support hundreds of people with disability every year with issues related to the NDIS. The support they offer can include:
- Providing information and referrals
- Going to meetings with or for the person
- Writing letters
- Making phone calls
- Assisting them to lodge complaints
Our NDIS support services are only available to people living in NSW and Queensland.
Sometimes, not everything goes perfectly to plan when applying for the NDIS. PWDA can be of service to you if you are in this situation.
The NDIS appeals process was set up to ensure that people with disability affected by reviewable decisions of the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), have access to support when seeking review of those decisions.
PWDA can support people living in certain areas to appeal a decision made by the NDIA.
We can support you to make an appeal if you live in:
- Southern Highlands and Shoalhaven areas of NSW.
- Capital Region in NSW (also called Southern NSW) – Baulkham Hills and Hawkesbury, Blacktown, Sydney City and Inner South, Eastern Suburbs, Inner West, North Sydney, Hornsby, Northern Beaches, Outer South West, Outer West and Blue Mountains, Parramatta, Ryde, South West and Sutherland.
- Queensland, including Outback South region of Port Douglas-Daintree and Far North Queensland region
If you live outside of these areas, you should still get in touch as we will be able to inform you about the best local services to contact.
Sometimes we have NDIS appeal information sessions in different places in NSW and Queensland.
How to get help
To understand how we can best support you, we need to get some information about you first. You can do this in a few ways:
- Call us on 1800 422 015 (toll free) and speak to one of our intake officers
- Fill in our online Information request form
Once we have your information, we’ll then be able to provide the most appropriate assistance we can. One of our intake officers will be in contact with you via your preferred method of contact to provide you with information about progressing your case.
Frequently asked questions
We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions about the NDIS here, to help you with any common questions.
Ends | Contact us
Videos and accessible media
Easy Read resources
- What PWDA does: PDF
- Speaking up for my rights: PDF | Word document
- Getting help with my NDIS plan: PDF | Word document
Become a member: Sign up now. It’s free!
Make a donation: Giving feels great!
Get our latest news: Straight to your inbox!