Read all our news as it happens.
This news feed contains a mix of all our content as it’s produced:
- Media releases
- Submissions and reports
- Community blogs
- PWDA client and member stories
- PWDA stands in solidarity with trans and gender diverse communityPeople with Disability Australia (PWDA) wholly condemns the anti-trans rally and hate speech held outside the Victoria parliament on the weekend and stands in solidarity with the trans and gender diverse (TGD) community.
- Advancing women with disabilityOn International Women’s Day, People with Disability Australia (PWDA) calls on organisations across Australia to recognise women with disability as ready and willing to lead.
- 2023 Sydney Mardi Gras – we’re loud and proud!People with Disability Australia (PWDA) are proud to be joining the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras (SGLMG) parade on Saturday 25 February as part of Sydney’s World Pride 2023.
- 2023 NSW State Election voting informationThe NSW State election will be held on Saturday 25 March 2023. Please note that iVote (internet voting on personal computers, tablet devices and smartphones) will not be available at this election.
- PWDA at 2023 Sydney WorldPride!People with Disability Australia (PWDA) join Sydney’s WorldPride 2023 celebrations which launch this Friday 17 February. This is the first time World Pride has been held in the Southern Hemisphere and the first time the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi…
- A New Act to Replace the Disability Services Act 1986: Joint submissionThe Australian Government plans to repeal and replace the Disability Services Act (1986) (the Act). This is a significant opportunity to shape the vision and direction for the rights of people with disability in Australia for years to come. Repealing the Act…
- Budget Measures to Help Us Access Everyday Life: A pre-budget submission to the Commonwealth Treasury on employment and housingWell-funded government employment and housing measures can create meaningful change for people with disability. The below budget measures will greatly improve the housing and economic security of people with disability, enabling much greater participation in all aspects of Australian life.…
- Extent and nature of poverty in AustraliaAs a leading systemic and individual advocacy and disability representative organisation, our submission to the Community Affairs References Committee inquiry into the extent and nature of poverty in Australia specifically addresses the impacts of poverty on Australians with disability. Disability…
- Disability and Poverty: Submission to the Community Affairs References Committee inquiry into the extent and nature of poverty in AustraliaPWDA’s submission to the Community Affairs References Committee inquiry into the extent and nature of poverty in Australia makes several recommendation: Read the full submission here: PDF, Word document
- 2022 Members Online ForumAll PWDA members are invited to our first PWDA members-only online forum in 2023 to meet the new PWDA Board of Directors! Join us Tuesday 7 February, 6-8pm (AEDT) to be part of this online forum (held via Zoom). PWDA…
Read all our news articles.
Ends | Contact us
Become a member: Sign up now. It’s free!
Make a donation: Giving feels great!
Get our latest news: Straight to your inbox!