Read all our news as it happens.
This news feed contains a mix of all our content as it’s produced:
- Media Release: PWDA Call for Choice and Control Over Our Bodies, Identities and Sexualities During Mardi GrasPeople with Disability Australia (PWDA), a longstanding advocate for the intersectional community of LGBTQIA+ individuals with disability, proudly announces its participation in the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade for another year.
- Leading Change – A Webinar for Women with Disability on LeadershipPeople with Disability with Australia (PWDA) through our Advancing Women Project are pleased to invite you to our International Women’s Day event, Leading Change – A Webinar for Women with Disability on Leadership.
- NDIS Review recommends changes to the participant experienceThe National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Review Final Report proposes a major shake-up of the participant pathway and experience. Accessing the NDIS, plan budgeting and implementation, and the roles the NDIS workforce will play are set to change.
- Submission to the Inquiry into the Administrative Review Tribunal Bill 2023This submission will make recommendations aimed at enhancing the Bill’s ability to achieve its objectives. While not within the scope of this Inquiry, we note that the Government must provide the ART with sufficient funding to achieve its objectives, particularly the objective of accessibility.
- What has the NDIS Review said about home and living supports?The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provides a critical way for people with disability to access housing and living supports. The NDIS Review Final Report has made two recommendations to reform current housing and living support, with a stated aim of improving access for all people with disability.
- Joint submission: Disability Royal Commission Response ConsultationDisability Representative Organisations (DROs) have raised key issues and concerns in a joint submission on the Australian Government’s response to the final report of the Royal Commission into Violence Abuse Neglect and Exploitation of people with Disability.
- Pre-Budget Submission to the Australian TreasuryAs we enter the 2024-2025 financial year, significant disability reform will need to commence with the Australian Government as well as state and territory governments, implementing agreed recommendations from both reform processes. Implementing recommendations will take years, and if done ‘right’, these reforms will have a lasting positive impact on people with disability, their families, friends and communities. However, this is no simple task, and it will take time and resources.
- Proposed changes to regulation and oversight of the NDIS workforceThe NDIS Review released its Final Report on 7 December 2023, with a recommendation to create a regulation scheme for NDIS service providers based on the level of risk perceived in delivering disability services and supports, with six associated actions to support the proposed scheme.
- Submission on the Terms of Reference for a COVID-19 Royal CommissionPeople with Disability Australia welcomes the opportunity to provide input into the appropriate terms of reference for a COVID-19 Royal Commission.
- NDIS Review recommends more options for supports for people with disabilityThe Independent Review of the NDIS (the Review) Final Report has recognised change is necessary to ensure all people with disability get the right support at the right time. The Review recommended developing a separate tier of disability services, called Foundational Supports, which can be accessed by all people with disability, and actions to address the lack of accessible and inclusive mainstream services, that include healthcare, education and transport.
Read all our news articles.
Ends | Contact us