Engaging confidently with psychosocial disability
Designed for all workers from frontline to executive level, in any sector or industry, this one day, or two half-day workshop provides an understanding of how to engage appropriately when working with colleagues or clients who experience psychosocial disability. The workshop provides practical tools that equip and guide you in your interactions.
This workshop debunks myths about psychosocial disability, and offers practical tools and strategies to guide you in your day-to-day interactions with colleagues or consumers living with psychosocial disability.
About this workshop
- Learn from, and interact with subject matter expert trainers living with psychosocial disability.
- Gain an understanding of issues impacting people with psychosocial disability.
- Build your confidence and ability to comfortably interact with people with psychosocial disability.
- Learn from trainers with disability who are experts in disability rights, access and inclusion
- Interact with our trainers as well as other participants, so you can ask questions and share knowledge.
- What psychosocial disability is
- Relevant issues impacting people with psychosocial disability and deepen your understanding of the diverse experiences of people with psychosocial disability
- Effective ways to build trust and safety into your work practices and workplace culture
- Tools and strategies for communicating effectively and appropriately with people with psychosocial disability
- Actions to be a good ally and craft social change
Full day (6 hours + 1 hour lunch break)
OR two half days (3 hours + 2 x 10 minute breaks)
- All workers from frontline to executive level, in any sector or industry
- Government agencies
- Community service providers
- Not-for-profit organisations
- Any organisation providing support or services to people with disability
Book a training session
Ready to get upskilled? Please email email@example.com or call us on 02 9370 3100.
About our training
For over 20 years, we’ve been delivering education and training to empower people with disability to take control of their own lives and to help workers in the broader community improve how they work with, provide services for and support people with disability.
The workshops and training activities we provide are developed and presented by people with disability and focus on providing information in a productive and engaging format that delivers a meaningful outcome for all participants.
- Our workshops can be delivered face-to-face or provided online anywhere in Australia via the Zoom video conferencing platform.
- Our workshops can be booked for any time during business hours.
- The cost of our workshops varies depending on content, location, and number of participants. Please get in touch for a quote.
- We have a minimum booking of 10 people and a maximum booking of 30 people for any session.
- We can tailor our workshops or create bespoke training packages to meet the specific needs of any organisation. Please get in touch to find out more.
Why choose us?
- We’re subject matter experts
As Australia’s peak disability rights organisation with a proud 40-year history of advocating for people with disability, we have genuine understanding and extensive knowledge of disability-related issues.
- We’re disability-led
All our trainers are people with disability. It makes a world of difference.
- We use a rights-based framework:
All our training activities are developed from a rights-based perspective, ensuring workshop content aligns with all relevant disability rights, legislation and international conventions.
- We’re cost-effective
We understand the budget constraints under which many organisations operate and ensure our prices are the most competitive in the market.
PWDA provided a safe environment for the students to engage through learning and discussion with effective feedback and redirection strategies to support knowledge and understanding surrounding respectful relationships for young people, identified risk factors and support mechanisms to provide strategies. The young people who attended were presented with creative activities at an age and stage appropriate level to engage them and build upon their existing knowledge base. A valuable program and exceptional delivery of information inclusive for all.Bonita Stevens, Head Teacher Special Education, Dubbo College Senior Campus
If you have any questions about participating in one of our workshops or want to find out more about our training services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 02 9370 3100.
Ends | Contact us