Sexuality and respectful relationships workshop
Friendships, relationships and sex provide great happiness for many people. However, understanding how to navigate relationships and sex can be challenging for anyone. If you have a disability – especially an intellectual disability – the challenges can sometimes be a bit more complex.
Designed for people with intellectual and cognitive impairment, this eight-hour, face-to-face workshop presented over two days is about exploring and understanding the different kinds of relationships that people can have in their lives.
The trainers are very focussed on creating a safe space for all participants. This workshop is also very interactive with lots of activities and interactive discussions. Picture cards are also used.
About this workshop
Participants in this workshop will:
- Get the knowledge and skills they need to develop and maintain healthy relationships.
- Receive useful resources.
- Learn from trainers with disability who are experts in disability, sexuality and relationships.
- Interact with our trainers as well as other participants, so you can ask questions and share knowledge.
- The difference between a healthy relationship and an unhealthy relationship.
- The different kinds of relationships that a person with a disability has and what is appropriate and not appropriate in those relationships.
- Where to go for help and who to trust if something bad happens in a relationship.
2 full day (6 hours + 1 hour lunch break per day)
- People with intellectual disability and cognitive impairment
- Organisations providing support or services to people with intellectual disability
Book a training session
Ready to get upskilled? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02 9370 3100.
PWDA provided a safe environment for the students to engage through learning and discussion with effective feedback and redirection strategies to support knowledge and understanding surrounding respectful relationships for young people, identified risk factors and support mechanisms to provide strategies. The young people who attended were presented with creative activities at an age and stage appropriate level to engage them and build upon their existing knowledge base. A valuable program and exceptional delivery of information inclusive for all.Bonita Stevens, Head Teacher Special Education, Dubbo College Senior Campus
About our training
For over 20 years, we’ve been delivering education and training to empower people with disability to take control of their own lives and to help workers in the broader community improve how they work with, provide services for and support people with disability.
The workshops and training activities we provide are developed and presented by people with disability and focus on providing information in a productive and engaging format that delivers a meaningful outcome for all participants.
- Our workshops can be delivered face-to-face or provided online anywhere in Australia via the Zoom video conferencing platform.
- Our workshops can be booked for any time during business hours.
- The cost of our workshops varies depending on content, location, and number of participants. Please get in touch for a quote.
- We have a minimum booking of 10 people and a maximum booking of 30 people for any session.
- We can tailor our workshops or create bespoke training packages to meet the specific needs of any organisation. Please get in touch to find out more.
Why choose us?
- We’re subject matter experts
As Australia’s peak disability rights organisation with a proud 40-year history of advocating for people with disability, we have genuine understanding and extensive knowledge of disability-related issues.
- We’re disability-led
All our trainers are people with disability. It makes a world of difference.
- We use a rights-based framework
All our training activities are developed from a rights-based perspective, ensuring workshop content aligns with all relevant disability rights, legislation and international conventions.
- We’re cost-effective
We understand the budget constraints under which many organisations operate and ensure our prices are the most competitive in the market.
If you have any questions about participating in one of our workshops or want to find out more about our training services, please email email@example.com or telephone 02 9370 3100.
Ends | Contact us