Making a complaint about PWDA
Do you have a complaint about our services or our work? We would be happy to hear from you. Your feedback will help us to make our services better.
How PWDA works with complaints
- take the complaint seriously
- take action on the complaint quickly
- treat everyone fairly
PWDA will not punish anyone for making a complaint.
What you can complain about
You can complain about anything to do with our work.
For example, you can make a complaint if you think that:
- we have not given you fair access to our services
- we have not given you a service in the way you need it
- we have not talked to you before making decisions
- we have not kept your personal information private.
When to make a complaint
First, talk to the person you have a problem with. If the person does not fix the problem or you do not want to talk to the person then you can make a formal complaint.
How to make a complaint
- You can put it in the feedback form on this page;
- You can make a complaint in writing to a Chief Executive Officer of PWDA; or
- You can make a complaint by telling someone at PWDA. They will write down your complaint for you and give it to an Executive Director.
If your complaint is about a Chief Executive Officer, then you can make your complaint to the President of PWDA.
What to say in your complaint
Your complaint should:
- say what the problem is
- say how you think the problem can be fixed
- include any other information that supports your complaint.
What PWDA will do about the complaint
- The Chief Executive Officer will appoint a person to look at the complaint and work out what needs to be done about it (Complaint Resolution Officer).
- The Complaint Resolution Officer will talk with you, the person you have the problem with, and anyone else who is supporting you with your complaint.
- The Complaint Resolution Officer will then say what should be done.
If you are not happy with the outcome of the complaint
You can ask a Chief Executive Officer or the Board of PWDA to review the outcome of the complaint.
We will also tell you about organisations outside PWDA that may be able to help resolve the complaint.
- You can make a complaint without giving your name, but it will make it easier to fix the problem if we know your name.
- We will keep your complaint private. We will tell only those people that need to know so that the problem can be fixed.
- You can use a support person to help you make a complaint.
- We can get you an advocate or interpreter if you need support to make a complaint.
You can also contact PWDA on one of the numbers at the bottom of this page to get a copy of the full policy.
Australian Council For International Development Code Of Conduct
PWDA is a signatory to the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) Code of Conduct which is a voluntary, self-regulatory sector code of good practice. On behalf of the governing body of PWDA, we confirm that our organisation continues to be committed to full adherence to the ACFID Code of Conduct. If you believe PWDA has breached the ACFID Code of Conduct, you may lodge a complaint with the ACFID Code of Conduct Committee on firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone (02) 6285 1816 or contact PWDA.
How to contact PWDA
- Phone: 02 9370 3100
- Free call: 1800 843 929
- National Relay Service: call 1800 555 677 and ask them to call People with Disability Australia for you.
- For an interpreter, call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 and ask them to call People with Disability Australia for you.
- Fax: 02 9318 1372
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: PO Box 666, Strawberry Hills NSW 2012
Ends | Contact us