Boarding house service
We can support you if you live in a boarding house located in Sydney, South-Eastern Sydney, or South-Western Sydney Local Health District areas and would like help sorting out issues with your living arrangements.
Our Boarding House Service provides:
- Free information and non-legal advocacy support.
- Support to any person with disability living in a Licensed Residential Centre (sometimes called assisted boarding houses) in Sydney, South-Eastern Sydney, or South-Western Sydney Local Health District areas.
This advocacy support is independent from all government and non-government services.
Our advocates always respect the privacy and confidentiality of people with disability living in assisted boarding houses.
Family members, friends, workers, carers, neighbours, etc. can also ask PWDA to provide advocacy support to a person with disability living in an assisted boarding house in Sydney, South-Eastern Sydney, or South-Western Sydney Local Health District areas.
Some of the issues we provide advocacy support for include:
- Complaints about the quality of services
- Access to alternative accommodation
- Access to health and other services
- Responding to violence, abuse and neglect
- Complaints about financial exploitation
- Assisted Boarding House closure and relocation
- Decision making, financial management and guardianship
How to get help
To understand how we can best support you, we need to get some information about you as well as the problem you’re experiencing or the issue you’re wanting to address.
- Phone: 1800 843 929 (toll free) and speak to one of our intake officers
- Fill in our online Get Help Form
Once we have your information, we’ll then be able to provide the most appropriate assistance we can. One of our intake officers will be in contact with you via you preferred method of contact to provide you with information about progressing your case.
Ends | Contact us
Banner image credit: Disabled and Here