PWDA is looking for 10 NDIS participants from each of the following backgrounds and experiences to participate in an online workshop!
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse
- People with complex communication needs
- People experiencing homelessness, have previously experienced homelessness or at risk of homelessness.
Each person taking part in the workshops will receive a $100 pre-paid visa card.
The NDIA is developing new participant safety principles that will be included in a policy on participant safety. PWDA have agreed to run a series of workshops aimed at getting feedback on these principles from people with disability who are NDIS participants.
It will be a 2 hour workshop, over Zoom for each group, to discuss the NDIS Participant Safety Principles currently being drafted. People chosen to participate will receive a $100 pre-paid visa card for participating.
The dates for each workshop are:
- Tuesday 27th September 1pm – 3pm (for people that identify as culturally and linguistically diverse/CALD)
- Wednesday 28th September 1pm – 3pm (for people that identify as LGBTQIA+)
- Thursday 29th September 1pm – 3pm (for those experiencing homelessness, have previously experienced homelessness, or at risk of homelessness)
- Wednesday 5th October 1pm – 3pm (for those with complex communication needs)
These workshops will be accessible, with Auslan interpreters and captioning for all workshops. Please let us know if you need any supports to attend.
If you are interested in participating, please contact Sally at firstname.lastname@example.org.