Disability Housing Information Line

Disability Housing Information Line. 1800 843 929. A person sitting holding a phone in a room. PWDA Logo.

It is important for those of us living in disability housing to have somewhere to go to get independent information and advice about our housing rights.

The Disability Housing Information Line provides information and advice to people living in Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA), their supporters and accommodation providers.

People living in SDA in NSW can directly contact the information line or ask their accommodation provider to make a referral.

People can also ask about dispute resolution processes, including internal complaints to the SDA provider and external mediation through a Community Justice Centre.

The service operates from 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can use the service?
People with disability who live in any type of SDA in NSW, their supporters and accommodation providers. SDA includes units, group homes and large residential centres.

Who funds this pilot project?
This pilot project is funded by the NSW Department of Families and Community Services (FACS).

Why do we need this service?
We want to make sure that everyone living in SDA knows about their rights. This includes where to go when they have an issue or concern with their accommodation provider.

How do I contact the Service?
You can call 1800 843 929 or email housinginfo@pwd.org.au.