PWDA is calling for nominations for seven (7) Director positions on the PWDA Board.
Directors are appointed by the members of PWDA as representatives to lead and govern the organisation. For more information see our Constitution as a PDF or Word Doc.
People with all kinds of disabilities and from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to submit nominations. The PWDA Board especially encourages people with intellectual disability, First Nations people, LGBTIQ+ people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to submit nominations. As a national organisation, we encourage nominees from all states and territories.
Easy Read documents
- About PWDA Board nominations
- Guide for Nominees
- Director job description
- Guide to nominate yourself
- Guide to nominate someone else
About the nomination and election process
- Please read our Guide for Nominees 2022 for full details about the nomination and election process.
- Newly appointed Directors will take office at the Annual General Meeting of People with Disability Australia (PWDA) which will be held on Wednesday 16 November 2022 via the Zoom online conferencing platform.
- The Returning Officer, Nino Fioretti of GoVote, has been appointed by the Board of PWDA to manage the election process.
- If more than seven (7) nominations are received for Board Directors, an election will be conducted in accordance with PWDA’s Constitution.
- Nominations close at 5pm on Monday 5 September 2022.
- Late nominations can not be accepted.
About being a PWDA Board Director
Please read our PWDA Board Director Job Description 2022 for more information about the roles and responsibilities of PWDA Board Directors.
How to submit a nomination
- You can nominate yourself or someone else for the position of Director. Either way, every nomination must be seconded by one other PWDA member.
- If you submit your nomination using our online Director nomination form, then you will need to provide a seconder email address because the seconder will automatically receive an email asking them to support the application. If the seconder does not second your application before the nomination period closes, then your nomination will not be included. If you do not know another member, you can contact PWDA to help you.
- Submit your nomination using our Online Director Nomination Form. If you are a member, this will have been emailed or mailed to you.
- Please ensure that all the people who need to fill in, sign and provide contact details to support the nomination have done so before you submit your nomination.
- You can also download, the Director Nomination Form, complete the form offline and email or post the completed form to us.
Need help or support?
If you are unable to complete the nomination form and require an adjustment to be made, Returning Officer Nino Fioretti is authorised under PWDA’s Constitution to accept alternative formats. You must contact Mr Fioretti about your requirements to arrange this before nominations close.
If you are unsure of what you need to do to fill out a nomination form or need any of this information in a different format, please contact PWDA and request assistance.
Information about the election process as well as the upcoming PWDA Annual General Meeting will be sent to all PWDA members in late September.